So, when do you think life will get back to the normal as it was in the year 2019 or we have to adapt to the new normal? The answer to this varies with the thinking of the people. Many companies are conducting surveys to know the perception of the customers. Most probably the market trends will be according to the new normal. If you are planning to start something new in the upcoming year, you need to know the upcoming trends that are going to come to the marketing sectors. Let’s have a look at them.
- To retain in the market, integrate your business with social media: It has been concluded in the trusted studies that the social media budget of the US accounted for nearly 24% in this year which was only 13 % in the year 2019. So, it is quite clear that it is high time to promote your business through social media platforms as people have started to spend more time on them. With the help of digital marketing, companies can increase their reach to customers. Even for this type of promotion, the business organization has to pay less and that is why it is also very beneficial for small-scale businesses.
- Get yourself listed with Google and local SEO: Whether you own a small-scale business or largescale business, make sure that you are listed and verified with various search platforms. It is very beneficial for B2C businesses as they draw the attention of people at the local level. If you are thinking to see a dentist, just search it on the internet and it will provide you with all the valuable information that a person might be looking for. Always keep sure that your listing is updated with your current information.
- Improved communication of availability: The availability of a large number of products and services has become the reason for switch among the people. So, the business should always be clear about the stock of products and services that it has. They should timely update all this information to the customers through various modes like email, text message, or call.
- Automated bidding in Google ads: Google ads marketers constantly adjust the keywords, campaigns, and bids to get the most from the Google advertisement. It is called tweaking. To solve this problem the business should go with automated bidding that allows Google to adjust your bid in real-time. Earlier this automated bidding function was not that successful but with time many improvements have been made to deliver the best at a lower cost to the clients.
- Power of voice search: Earlier people need to type in the search engine about the thing for which they want information. It was a great difficulty for the people who don’t know how to write. But technology has uplifted now to voice search. Though it is not part of Google’s algorithm, using this will also provide the best possible results. All the new smartphone are coming with a voice assistant that handle queries as well. It is a very good idea for business as well so that they can compete with the latest technology in the market.
- Improved retention via segmentation: It is a fact that the business needs less money to keep their existing customers rather than need to spend more to grab the attention of new ones. But marketing experts have suggested that it is better to exert more effort at the later stage of business. As the existing customers if happy with the business product will refer further to their friends and relatives. In this way, it will increase the demand for the product and the service in the market. To maintain a good relationship with the customers, do have good communication with them. Get all the latest information about your products, new launches, offers, etc.
- More interactive content: It is better to create your content on the website or social media platforms more interactive. Most of the people will catch their vibe with your business over there only. Display some quizzes, games, videos, contests, and surveys that will grab more attention of people. This is the fastest way to know about the perspective of the customer. Even have some attractive rewards for customers who bring more business to you.
- Focus on employee engagement: This pandemic has a great impact on the employees and productivity. Earlier employees used to come to offices daily, in case of any doubts they always asked their superiors or subordinates for help. This is the first time they are working remotely at their homes. There can be a lot of distractions in their work because of their home environment that can affect their productivity. This can cause pressure on their work and employee can suffer from low morale. So, this is the high time to motivate the employees and have better communication with them. As a manager, you have to take care of the employees working under you as well as the customers. Break down the big project into small chunks and distribute it evenly among the employees so that no employee is overburdened with work. Ensure that good communication is the only key to the success of your team at this point.
These are a few mantras that every person must know who wants to set up something new in the market. However, digital marketers can guide you through these trends as getting ready for 2021 to help people achieve business goals. They keep themselves updated and skill development technology companies, like Mettl offer a platform where their skills can be tested.